Orientation Week Day 1 was good. From a slightly hesitant start milling about the entrance to the UQ Centre in the morning I'd got to meet Arron from the States, Cristal from Hong Kong, and Rachael from Texas. The International Students' Welcome was most engaging, and the short talk on Australian culture was very well done in my opinion; I enjoyed it. Saw Daniel and David and some other Singaporeans and had lunch with them at the Pizza Cafe. Went for the Walter Harrison Law Library tour after that, the BEL Faculty welcome session, and the law academin advising session, where I met some of my coursemates: Ria, from ACS (International) back home, here with her family, 3 scholars from Malaysia (Chinese scholars from Malaysia!), and a guy from Brunei, among others...
Apparently, I botched a download and it did count against my download quota, so i bought a 30GB block for $50. Shall be using more of the library facilities in school.
It's late... Here's to tomorrow!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment