Try these out:
1)
There are 6 eggs in a basket.
6 people each take 1 egg.
How can it be that 1 egg's left in the basket?
and
2)
The police receive a tip-off that a wanted criminal, John, was at a certain location. They raided the premises and found 4 people sitting around a table playing cards; a carpenter, a truck driver, a mechanic and a fireman. They immediately arrested the fireman, who turned out to be John. How were they so certain that the fireman was who they wanted?
Just some activities from my first lecture of Law and Society. Fascinating right?
Post answers!
1 March 2009, 2315h
So, tomorrow's officially the first day of university for me, and I'll be having my first lecture. What does the day, the semester, the year hold for me? I was praying earlier walking home and I know that they hold God's best for me. I know that, having come so far already with God, I can go all the way for Him, with Him. I know that I'll be His light and His salt here. I know that with Him, I will be the head and not the tail, always above, and not beneath. i know that with Him, I can be exemplary and I can effect positive changes in the lives of those around me. I know that with Him, I can, no I will, speak into the lives around me and develop meaningful, Godly relationships that enrich all involved. I know that with Him, I will learn effectively, understand everything taught, and be an active learner and participator in lessons as well as out. I know that with Him, I will achieve a 1st class honours degree and make the dean's list. I claim that excellence in Jesus' name now, for with God, all things are possible, and it is not by human power or might or strength or intelligence, but by the Holy Spirit and supernatural movement that the extraordinary can become reality.
So, I know that I'll have a great day tomorrow, I'll have the best year my life has ever known here in Brisbane, and I'll have Your life, ahead of me. Thank You Jesus.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment